With summer days just around the corner, it’s time to furnish your balcony, whether it’s to enjoy a little morning breakfast, afternoon reading sessions or dinner with friends. You can furnish the space for a specific purpose or make it into an outdoor extension of your home. The possibilities are endless to create a welcoming and charming balcony.
A small outdoor space is not an obstacle for a creative mind! Here are eight examples to inspire you:
2. This balcony is a great example of an extension to your home: the metal shelving unit for the plants, the colourful throw pillows and the nesting tables help transform this balcony into an outdoor living room.
4. The cushions, the bamboo wall covering and the duckboard give off a subtle hint of oriental flair.
5. There are a variety of compact and economical patio furniture pieces out there (like this rattan set) that are perfectly adaptable to small spaces often found in city balconies.
7. Like a Zen garden, this balcony—with flooring made of pebbles and duckboard—is a place that promotes rest and relaxation.
8. To make your balcony vibrant, try a carpet with a motif, colourful cushions and any other pretty accessory that will add colour to your decor.
[Main Photo via Casa E Jardim]