Entertain in style with this elegant and practical serving tray. With its wide handles and high sides, it’s perfect for holding drinks and snacks. Keep it out on display with pretty glassware to add an inviting touch to your decor.
With its 3" raised sides, this serving tray helps prevent glasses from slipping and breaking. Made from 1/2" MDF, it is quick and easy to build.
Sand the edges smooth as needed.
|A||Base||1||11" x 15"|
|B||Short side||2||3" x 12"|
|C||Long side||2||3" x 15"|
1. Mark the location of the handles on each short side B by drawing a rectangle measuring 1" x 9" in the very centre, i.e. 1" from the top and bottom edges and 1 ½" from the left and right edges.
2. With the drill, bore a hole in all four corners of each rectangle, taking care to drill inside the lines (so that hole only just touches the lines at the corners).
3. Insert the jigsaw blade into one of the holes and saw along the line. Continue sawing until you have cut out the rectangle. Sand the edges smooth as needed.
4. Glue the sides directly onto base A, positioning long sides C between short sides B. Nail together.
5. Fill the nail holes and all gaps with joint compound.
6. Sand and then paint the tray.