Decorate and add texture to a wall by creating a superb display of rosette medallions. When artfully arranged on a wall, medallions usually used to decorate a ceiling can create an elegant and unique focal point.
For a striking effect, choose medallions in varying shapes, sizes and patterns. Remember that the bigger the piece of furniture above which you hang the rosettes, the larger the medallions you can use, in combination with smaller models.
The finished look on the wall will be even more effective if the rosettes are arranged asymmetrically to create interesting contrasts. Keep the width of the arrangement the same as the piece of furniture below it. The display should essentially be at eye level, i.e. centred between the top of the furniture and the ceiling. The important thing is to fill the space evenly and harmoniously, without overloading it.
You might like to use pastel shades for a soft look, or contrasting colours for a bolder effect, depending on your decor. The key is to balance the colours harmoniously, according to the size of the medallions.
1. Lay the medallions on the floor and determine their layout, according to the shape, size and pattern of each.
2. Apply a coat of primer to each medallion.
3. Paint the medallions in your chosen colours.
4. Transfer your design to the wall, marking with a pencil the location of each rosette.
5. Nail the rosettes to the wall, conceal the holes with filler and touch up with paint. It is also possible to hang the medallions from hooks.
This type of wall arrangement is an elegant alternative to picture frames. The design possibilities are endless; you can play with different sizes, colours and patterns of rosettes, taking into account the available space and the height of your ceiling. A simple project with maximum wow factor!