Sleek and practical, this table is the perfect place to serve drinks and appetizers or to put your prettiest gifts on display.
Fasten all parts with both wood glue and finishing nails. Let the nail head stick out by 1/16" in. and countersink it with a nail set. An automatic nailer will make the job easier and quicker.
|A – Top and bottom||2||32" x 32"|
|B – Side||2||31" x 11"|
|C – Side||2||31" x 11"|
|D – Centre brace||1||31" x 11"|
|E – Toe kick||2||23" x 4"|
|F – Toe kick||2||23" x 4"|
1. Glue and nail the toe-kick parts E and F to form a square frame measuring 24" x 24".
2. Centre the frame on one of the pieces of 32" x 32" A and draw around the edge with a pencil.
3. Remove the frame and apply glue around one edge, then place it back onto part A, aligning it with the pencil marks you made previously. Make sure there is a strong contact between the parts; place some heavy objects on top and leave the glue to dry.
4. Turn the structure over and nail the bottom A to the toe kick E and F.
5. Make the 32" x 32" box part of the table by gluing and nailing sides B between sides C.
6. Apply glue around the rim and fasten it to the bottom structure A. Nail in place.
7. Insert and glue brace D in the centre of the box frame, between sides C. Leave the glue to dry.
8. Glue the top A onto the box and nail in place.
9. Conceal the nail holes with filler.
10. Paint the table.