Designed for sharing a good meal and entertaining, the dining room is the preferred place in the home for celebrations big and small.
Whether for hosting intimate dinners or family get-togethers, this space is traditionally done up to the nines to ensure the perfect ambiance for a perfect meal. If you’re considering updating your dining room, here are ten inspiring designs to get you started.
1. This attractive dining room features a colourful light fixture that contrasts eloquently with the black and white surroundings. The oval-shaped table also draws our attention and adds form to the room.
2. A fireplace is a highly worthwhile addition that lends both warmth and character to the dining room. In this example, the fireplace, massive wood table and immense light fixture come together perfectly, creating a cosy and inviting atmosphere.
3. If wine is a staple at your dining room table, a cellar will allow you to always have a bottle handy as well as add panache to your decor. Be sure to choose a model that matches the style of the room. The design of this cellar harmonizes with the streamlined, urban look of the dining area.
4. This modest dining room found its way to the top of the list because of its vibrant points of colour and the back bookcase that’s used to display various objects. Bold yet delicate, the room presents several patterns and textures through a felicitous choice of curtains, chairs, carpeting and lighting.
5. In this example, the massive dining room table, padded chairs and dark, textured wallpaper create a dramatic and engaging atmosphere. The bay windows, mirror and glass accessories bring just the right amount of light to the room.
6. Conversation holds a place of honor in this dining room that harbors clean lines and a simple decor, leaving guests all the room to shine! Despite the dominant use of white, the space radiates warmth and hospitality due to the furnishings that merge both wood and pure white elements.
7. Here, yellow accents permeate the space in a multitude of shades, textures and forms, including polka dots! The basic design of the table, neutral colours and simple decor are reminiscent of baroque and blend seamlessly to form a comfortable and elegant setting.
8. Let there be light! The large window allows for generous luminosity that’s amplified by its perfectly symmetrical reflection on the table surface. The opulence of this decor is also upheld by the attention to detail, such as the geometric table legs and coordinating rug pattern.
9. In smaller dining rooms such as this, a round table is a clever solution. However, it isn’t because space is limited that you have to cut back on style. The back wall of this dining space was painted bright orange and adorned with sculptured birds to create a dynamic fresco and set the tone for the adjacent decor.
10. Chic, modern and slightly futuristic, this dining area welcomes guests around a square table to share meals in a posh and refined ambiance!