As in the world of fashion, striped patterns continue to make waves in the area of home design. Stripes introduce life and movement to any space, inside or out, while also adding height and depth to your decor. Here are ten ways to incorporate this attractive trend, and its many benefits, in your home.
1. Striped cushions on a plain sofa will add energy and modernism to your living room decor. For a more powerful effect, combine several different patterns in either neutral or bright colours.
2. Sometimes only a small change is needed to transform a room in a big way. A striped rug creates an innovative visual element while also adding comfort and style.
3. Striped wallpaper can add another dimension to a room. Vertical lines will create an illusion of height and depth while horizontal lines will make the room appear larger.
4. Large stripes painted on multiple walls combine beautifully with furniture and decorative pieces in neutral shades. Be careful not to overload the decor with too many dissimilar patterns.
6. Striped curtains are an excellent way to breathe new life into your decor without having to paint your walls.
7. Stripes can equally be used to jazz up a bedroom decor while still maintaining a calm and serene atmosphere. Striped bedding is an ideal solution!
8. Rejuvenate a lacklustre piece of furniture with a fresh coat of colourful stripes. It’s a simple way to combine function and style while tempering the need for decorative objects.
9. A striped privacy screen is an innovative way to delineate an outdoor space in style as well as obtain added privacy!
10. Stripes can complement both a streamlined, contemporary style as well as a colourful vintage decor. Let the winds of change blow softly into your home with the addition of a striped lampshade or a few funny and stripped accessories.