Your smallest room could be one of your best!
You can really make an impact on friends and family and, because it’s so small, you’ll cut back on the amount of paint, paper and flooring needed to make a big difference… without making a dent in your wallet!
1. Use the smallest room to make the boldest statement – use big, brash wallpaper to play with scale or use exotic bamboo paper to give your room a well-travelled feel.
2. You should always have a mirror. Add a large framed mirror above the sink to make a bold statement or measure the width of the sink and the height of the wall above and have a custom section of glass cut to fit it for a modern, minimalist feel.
3. A pair of wall light sconces positioned on either side of the mirror is much more flattering then light from above, so make sure you light the vanity mirror.
4. Metallic finishes add sparkle and bounce light – so make sure your chrome towel rails and taps are sparkling. Hang metallic blinds and even metallic finish wallpaper to add sparkle to your smallest room.
5. Integrated cabinets or vanity units can be fitted into a tight space to provide storage, to keep things out of sight and surfaces clear and clutter-free.
6. A wall-mounted sink will free up floor space; you could also scale down your existing sink for a much smaller powder room model to play with perspective and make your room feel larger.
7. Mirrored furniture adds boudoir chic and creates an illusion of space, so search out a Venetian-style vanity unit. You could also try mirrored storage boxes as a practical way to get the look.
8. Create a vintage look by adding wainscoting panels with decorative wallpaper above. Great for older homes or for creating a historic and heritage look, the paneling allows you to have a half plain, half patterned scheme that is timeless and elegant.
9. Indulge your guests with 5-star treatment – use fresh flowers, clean towels and new soaps to make them feel special. Quality disposable hand towels plus a smart bin can provide a personal one-use towel solution that’s discreet and hygienic.
10. Scented candles will really set the tone, adding a floral, exotic or escapist fragrance to your powder room. Try our own line candles at www.candjhome.com - all 100% soy wax and hand-poured!
[Photo via Wish Decor]